How to use Audacity How simple and most effective? Let freewebsfarms.com learn tips audio editing software Audacity the most optimal!
Audacity is well known as a free, versatile audio editing software for everyone. However, not everyone knows how to use it effectively. Try the tips below, you will find using Audacity much simpler.
Audacity Audacity for Mac
Manually record audio
Have you ever wanted to record audio from your computer? If so, you can connect the microphone to the speaker but the results are not as expected, right? Fortunately, you will have a simpler solution, the better when using Audacity.
- 5mm male-to-male stereo cable.
- 5mm audio divider and headphone cable (optional).
- Plug the audio cable into the computer audio output port (the headphone jack). It is highlighted in green with a headphone symbol.
- Plug the other end of the audio cable into the Line-in port of your computer. It is highlighted in blue.
Note: With this setting, you may not hear sound. To fix this, plug the split cable into the audio output port (green), then plug the stereo audio cable into one of the split ports. Then, connect the headphones to another port on the audio splitter.
Now you can using Audacity to record audio.
Eliminate environmental noise
- Mark the audio you don’t want to record.
- Choose Effect> Noise Removal menu.
- Click Get Noise Profile.
- Now mark your entire recording from start to finish.
- Choose Effect> Noise Removal in the menu again.
- Click OK.
Amplification and Normalization
If the file contains the sound too low, too loud, or a mix of the two will be helpful. In fact, Audacity has proven to be a very useful interview recording tool. However, the resulting sound is most likely unstable. To fix this error, do the following:
- If the entire audio file is too small or loud: Select Amplify.
- If only part of the sound is low or loud: Select Normalize.
Both of these options can be found in the menu Effect. To use them, you just need to highlight the small / large part (or the entire file if you want), then apply the effect from the menu.
Cut the silence
This is a common problem when recording. The quick solution is to highlight the paragraph and press the key Delete. This is the ideal solution for audio files shorter than 1 minute.
But if you’re working on a 2-hour audio file and there are a lot of unnecessary clips. Here’s how you can cut whole drum sound clip with 1 click.
- Mark all recording files.
- Choose Effect> Truncate Silence from the menu.
- Use Min Duration, Max Duration, Silence Threshold of Audacity to determine if somewhat “silent”.
- Silence Compression determine how many silent passages to move. Instead of deleting, Audacity just compresses them. For example, using a 4: 1 compression ratio, a 4-second blank sound clip is reduced to 1 second.
- Click OK.
Create sound effects
If you’re trying to create sound effects but don’t have a template you like, let Audacity give you a hand. The software’s Generate menu has several options to help you get started making the effect easy.
Alternatively, you can combine the created sound with some effects in the Effect menu. You will be amazed at the results.
Rip audio from video
Rip audio from video files simply and easily. You just need to install FFmpeg and LAME for Audacity here. Scroll down and install the correct version (Windows and Mac only).
When installing it:
- Please open the video file in Audacity with File> Open.
- Choose File> Export.
- Select MP3 as the output file format.
- Click Save when finished.
Start with a good sound source
Last but not least: If you want easy audio editing, always start with a quality audio source. Whether you’re using Audacity or a professional audio editing tool that costs thousands of dollars, you can just fine-tune them. Therefore, the source of quality sound is extremely important.
How to convert normal voice recordings to shy or echoing voice. This is really easy in Audacity. With the area you selected in the track, go to Effects> Change pitch and move the slider or enter a value in the Percent Change in the Frequency section. You don’t have to fiddle with the top part if you just want to handle the normal voice recording. You can increase and decrease pitch by adding corresponding negative or positive values. The higher the pitch percentage change, the louder the voice. Conversely, if the pitch percentage is low, the voice will be deeper. Now you know how filmmakers create Squirrel noise using Audacity.
The above is Tips for using Audacity effective, suitable for all subjects. You can refer to Audacity Audio Editing Guide for Beginners to create better audio files.
Hope the article is useful to you!
Source link: Tips for using Audacity for optimal audio editing